Pupil progress is assessed using a variety of techniques to ensure that there is a full and detailed picture of each pupil.
- All pupils are assessed against the P Scales/National Curriculum level descriptors in the following areas of the curriculum - English, Maths, Science, ICT and PSHE. Teacher assessments are moderated throughout the year internally and externally with other Surrey Special Schools. Progress is assessed and targets are set using CASPA.
- The Progression Guidance (D of E) is used to track progress between the key stages.
- Routes for Learning is an assessment tool used for pupils with PMLD. It details stages of the development of early cognitive and communication skills.
- Pupil Progress meetings take place twice a year. The progress that each pupil is making is discussed between the class teachers, head teacher and assessment leader. Progress in all areas is considered and any influencing factors are recorded, along with any additional support needed.
- Annual Reviews and Curriculum Reports are written annually by teachers to update parents and all professionals on the current progress and attainment of each pupil.