Disability Challengers - Dates and Information
Below is information on how to book on to Challengers schemes running April - July 2012.
Before families call | How to Book
Families need to call prepared with all the information they need to make a booking, this will make booking quicker for all families.
Before calling check:
- You are calling on the right day we stagger the booking date depending on level of support children and young people have at challengers;
- The dates you want (as well as your second choices, in case the date you want is full);
- The scheme(s) you want to book;
- Activities you would like to book on - look at the Youth Programme or the Young Adult Programme before you call. These will be available from Friday 21 October. They can be found on the website:
- Your payment is ready - payment is required at the time of booking by credit or debit card.
We do accept bookings made by friends or family members.
If families need any help or advice about when to call they can call the Play and Leisure Team 01483 230 939.
When to call to book | Booking Line 01483 230 939, 9.30am - 5pm
PlaySchemes | children age 4 - 12
- 20-21 February: children age 4 - 12 who have 1:1 support
- 22-24 February: children age 4 - 12 who do not have 1:1 support
YouthSchemes | young people age 13 - 18
- 27-28 February: young people age 13 - 18 who have 1:1 support
- 29 February - 1 March: young people age 13 - 18 who do not have 1:1 support
Young Adult Schemes | young people age 18 - 25
- 2 March: ALL young adults age 18 - 25
How many sessions can families book in this booking period?
- Easter: 3 Days.
- Summer Term: 6 Saturdays; 1 Half term day; unlimited after-school clubs, youth nights or swim clubs.
- Activity weekends: 2 weekends.
To top-up your bookings after the booking period call from 9.30am on Monday 5 March.
Waiting List | if families don't get all the days they need
If families are not able to book all the sessions they need, we will add them to the waiting list. If a space then becomes available we will let families know. We also use waiting lists to gauge which of our schemes and activities are in demand. We can then use this information to expand our services when funding allows.
About Disability Challengers
Disability Challengers is an independent children's charity which provides 25,000 spaces to over 1,200 disabled children and young people.
We rely on voluntary support and donations, if you can help please email email@example.com or call 01483 230060.
We provide play and leisure for disabled children throughout the year at our full time play and youth centres in Guildford and Farnham, all across Surrey and Hampshire. Challengers is all about providing fun, normal play and leisure experiences for disabled children and young people. We have trained and enthusiastic staff so that every child can come to Challengers - including children with the most complex impairments. Disability Challengers play and youth schemes are a place for disabled children and young people to play, make friends and have fun. The wide range of activities that we provide means that we can offer disabled young people something to do and somewhere to go from the age of 4 to 25.
Challengers Booking Line 01483 230 939
Disability Challengers, Stoke Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1TU
A charitable company limited by guarantee 4300724
Registered charity no. 1095134