Disability Challengers - Summer Schemes
It is nearly time for families to book their days at Challengers for the Summer Holidays 2011. The booking dates are staggered to reduce queuing times so families are asked to only call in the booking period that we have shown below and have the dates ready that you want. If anyone needs any help or advice about when to call please call the Play and Leisure Team before the booking periods to check.
When to call to book | Challengers Booking Line 01483 230 939
Play Schemes | children age 4 – 12
- 16-17 May: children age 4 – 12 who have 1:1 support
- 18-20 May: children age 4 – 12 who do not have 1:1 support
Youth Schemes | young people age 13 – 18
- 23-24 May: young people age 13 – 18 who have 1:1 support
- 25-26 May: young people age 13 – 18 who do not have 1:1 support
Young Adult Schemes | young people age 18 – 25
- 27 May: ALL young adults age 18 – 25
We stagger the bookings to spread the number of phone calls coming in to the booking line – this way families are less likely to be kept queuing for long periods and more likely to be able to get through quickly. For the first time, we have separated the Young Adult Scheme booking period which we hope will continue to reduce the time families spend on the phone.
How many days or sessions can families book in the Summer hopliday booking period?
Play Schemes |children age 4 – 12
- Summer Holidays | 25 July – 26 AUGUST: 8 days at any Challengers Play Scheme (Summer camp counts as 2 days).
Youth and Young Adult Schemes |young people age 13 – 18 and 18 – 25
- Summer Holidays | 25 July – 26 August : 6 days (3 trips out and 3 centre based days), at any Challengers Youth or Young Adult scheme (sleepover counts as 2 days).
To book more sessions families can call in the Top Up period on Tuesday 31 May 2011 at 11am. In the Top Up period you can book any sessions that are remaining on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
How to Book |Challengers Booking Line 01483 230 939
Call prepared with all the information you need to make a booking. We know that families often have to wait to get through to make a booking, so having all the details at hand will help us deal with bookings quickly. If you have all these things ready. When you call please have ready:
- Dates you want (as well as your second choices);
- The scheme(s) you want to book on to – look at our scheme list here (this will start a download immediately);
- Activities you would like to book on – look at the Youth Programme and the Young Adult Programme before you call;
- Your payment ready – families are asked to pay in advance for bookings by credit or debit card. If you want to use Direct Payments to pay for your bookings please contact the Play and Leisure Team before the booking period.
If families are unable to call in the Booking Period, we will accept bookings made by friends or family members.
News from the Play and Leisure Team
- Disability Challengers REVIEW 2010 – Find out what children, young people and families said about Challengers Play and Youth Scheme in 2010. Click here to go to our website and download the review of all our services in 2010.
- Young Adult Nights – We now run Challengers Young Adult Nights for young people 18 – 25 in Guildford on a Tuesday and Farnham on a Friday 6.30pm – 8.30pm. We will be running activities at the centre as well as going out and about. Activities will include computer games, sports, cooking, art, DVD’s, going to the pub and chilling. We will ask families to book and pay for these sessions in advance. SPACES STILL AVAILABLE FOR THE SUMMER TERM!
- Sleepovers – Remember to book in for a sleepover at Challengers Farnham (20-21 August) and Guildford (6-7 August) Youth Schemes.
- FOOTBALL on Wednesdays – We are running football sessions with Badshot Lea Saints Football Club at Challengers Farnham Play and youth Schemes every Wednesday afternoon over the Summer Holidays. These sessions will be available to any children or young people who are booked in to the Play or the Youth Centre.
- Family Sundays at Farnham and Guildford – Family Sundays run every Sunday 10.30am – 3pm at both our Playcentres. No need to book just turn up with all your family and friends. Family Sundays will be closed 17 and 24 July for staff training.
- FACEBOOK – If you use Facebook please ‘like’ us here: http://www.facebook.com/DisabilityChallengers
- Prime Minister’s Big Society Award – We are delighted to win the Big Society Award in recognition of all we have achieved through the support of all our volunteers and partners. Find out more here: http://www.disability-challengers.org/bigsociety
- Scheme closures – all Challengers schemes will be closed on the 16 and 17 July and the 23 and 24 July for staff training and Summer preparation.
About Disability Challengers
Disability Challengers provides play and leisure for disabled children at Challengers play, youth, sport and art schemes. We run schemes all through the year at our full time play and youth centres in Guildford and Farnham and all across Surrey. Challengers is all about providing normal play and leisure experiences for disabled children and young people. We have trained enthusiastic staff so that every child can come to play at Challengers - including children with the most complex impairments. Disability Challengers play and youth schemes are a place for disabled children and young people to play, make friends and have fun. The wide range of activities that we provide means that we can offer disabled young people something to do and somewhere to go from the age of 4 to 25.
Disability Challengers is an independent children's charity which provides 25,000 spaces to over 1,200 disabled children and young people. We rely heavily on voluntary support and donations, if you can help please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 23 00 60.
Challengers Booking Line 01483 230 939
Disability Challengers, Stoke Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1TU
A charitable company limited by guarantee 4300724 Registered charity no. 1095134