Use of Sports Premium 2018-19
Sports Premium : the policy context
The Government is providing funding to maintained primary schools and academies that is specifically targeted at improving the provision of physical education (PE) and sport.
The Youth Sport Trust vision statement for the use of this premium is as follows:- “A measurable and sustained improvement in school PE and sport, underpinned by high-quality teaching that increases participation levels in physical activity, and leads to healthier pupils who are more engaged across the whole curriculum”
Our use of the Sports Premium is based on whole school projects tailored to meet individual student needs. The focus is across four areas as follows:-
- To improve the quality of Physical Activity and Sports Teaching in School
- To improve students health and wellbeing through activity and healthy eating.
- To increase the range of sporting activities offered to include outdoor learning and increased access into community sports events.
- To improve the attainment levels of students in PE and Sport, including impact on Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development.
In 2018 - 19 we aim to meet these targets by implementing the following:-
- Part time PE teacher to lead and develop the quality of teaching and learning sports provision across the school
- Continue to offer additional opportunities to access external coaching and training such as trampolining, rebound therapy, swimming, horse riding, gym training and MAD Dance Academy.
- Develop an Outdoor adventurous activities curriculum and embed outdoor learning throughout the school curriculum.