Teaching Assistant Full time (Term time) however bank/casual hours are also considered). Required to start as soon as possible
Portesbery School is a very special school for pupils between the ages of 2-19.
This is an Exciting Opportunity to Join our Progressive School for Children and Young Adults with Special Educational Needs.
We offer high-quality education for children with a range of needs including Severe, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
We are seeking staff who:
- promote the schools' Vision, Values and Aims
- are enthusiastic, imaginative, energetic and have a keen interest in special education
- can be adaptable and flexible
- are looking for a supportive, happy, caring and hardworking school
Unfortunately, visits are not possible at this time, but we welcome phone conversations in advance if you have any queries or questions.
The successful applicants will be required to have a DBS check.
Required to start as soon as possible
Salary & Benefits
Salary from £12860 to £13477 per year
Salary is based on Surrey Pay PS3 (£18,013 - £18,957 Full Time Equivalent)
Actual/pro-rata salary is £12,860 - £13,477 (29.75 hours per week, 39 weeks per year )
Working Hours are Mon-Fri 8:50am-3:20pm, term time only.
There are also further opportunities to work additional hours at our established After School Club
We can offer:
- a positive and caring ethos with children at the centre of all we do
- an enthusiastic and well-trained staff team
- a comprehensive induction and support programme
- a wide range of CPD opportunities and potential career progression.
- Privacy Notice
- Ofsted Report - 2017
- Job Description
- Person Specification
- Additional Job Description Annex
Portesbery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Deadline and how to apply
Apply via our eTeach advert
Job reference: TA-OCT21